By Brooke Franceschini (DACONO, Colo.) – Chris Eggleston didn’t let a rain delay prevent him from winning in front of his hometown fans Saturday night in the NAPA/Toyota 150 at Colorado National Speedway.
The 26-year-old Erie, Colorado native collected his second consecutive NASCAR K&N Pro Series West victory after leading 102 laps. It wasn’t an easy win however, Eggleston had to overcome a two hour rain delay and numerous battles for the lead, including one with his teammate Todd Gilliland with one lap to go.
This marks the Colorado native’s second K&N Pro Series West win at his home track. He earned his first in 2014 which resulted in him getting a full-time ride with Bill McAnally Racing and ultimately, the 2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West championship.
Gilliland, a member of the 2016-17 NASCAR Next class and the leader in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, finished runner-up to his teammate after winning the 21 Means 21 Pole Award earlier in the day.
Gracin Raz, last year’s NAPA/Toyota 150 race winner Ryan Partridge and Blaine Perkins rounded out the top five.
Fellow NASCAR Next members Julia Landauer and Noah Gragson finished sixth and 10th, respectively. While Ron Norman, Matt Levin and Cole Rouse completed the top 10.
The NAPA/Toyota 150 will air on NBCSN Thursday, June 16 7 p.m. ET/5 p.m. MT.
The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West will be back in action Saturday, June 25th at California’s famed road course, Sonoma Raceway.
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST-NAPA/Toyota 150 Results
1. (2) Chris Eggleston, Erie, Colo., Toyota, 150 laps, 51.139 mph.
2. (1) Todd Gilliland, Sherrils Ford, N.C., Toyota, 150.
3. (5) Gracin Raz, Lake Oswego, Ore., Ford, 150.
4. (4) Ryan Partridge, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Ford, 150.
5. (6) Blaine Perkins, Bakersfield, Calif., Chevrolet, 150.
6. (7) Julia Landauer, New York, N.Y., Toyota, 150.
7. (11) Ron Norman, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 150.
8. (12) Matt Levin, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 150.
9. (8) Cole Rouse, Fort Smith, Ark., Ford, 150.
10. (10) Noah Gragson, Las Vegas, NV, Ford, 150.
11. (13) Stafford Smith, Eagle, Idaho., Toyota, 150.
12. (15) Dan Phillippi, Los Angeles, Calif., Toyota, 150.
13. (9) Riley Herbst, Las Vegas, Nev., Toyota, 149.
14. (3) Cole Moore, Granite Bay, Calif., Toyota, 149.
15. (14) John Wood, Eagle, ID, Chevrolet, 149.
16. (16) Jesse Iwuji, Dallas, Texas, Toyota, 147.