It’s back to the short track for NASCAR as they go under the lights at Bristol Motor Speedway with the 55th annual IRWIN Tools Night Race.
What you need to know:
Start Time: The green flag is scheduled for approximately 7:43 p.m. ET
Race Distance: 500 laps, 266.5 miles around the concrete half-mile oval
National Anthem: MRO Children
Grand Marshal: Bruton Smith
Honorary Starter: Dave Ramsey, NY Times Best Selling Author and Nationally Syndicated Radio Host
TV / Radio Broadcast: The pre-race show begins at 7:00 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network with race coverage beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET … the Performance Racing Network (PRN) and SiriusXM Channel 90 will carry the radio broadcast
Broadcast Booth: Rick Allen, Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte
Pit Reporters: Dave Burns, Mike Massaro, Marty Snider
Competition Caution: None
To The Rear: None
One Year Ago: Joey Logano held off his Team Penske teammate Brad Keselowski to score his first win at the Bristol short track. The teammates led a combine 122 laps in what was also Logano’s third win of the season. The race featured nine cautions for 64 laps and 16 lead changes.
Misc.: Matt Kenseth will attempt to sweep the 2015 Bristol races … Joe Gibbs Racing looks for their sixth win in seven weeks … Jeff Gordon makes his final start at Bristol Motor Speedway with a paint scheme that symbolized most of his early career
- (11) Denny Hamlin, Toyota, 131.407 mph.
- (18) Kyle Busch, Toyota, 131.263 mph.
- (19) Carl Edwards, Toyota, 130.655 mph.
- (55) David Ragan, Toyota, 130.460 mph.
- (22) Joey Logano, Ford, 130.344 mph.
- (2) Brad Keselowski, Ford, 130.327 mph.
- (4) Kevin Harvick, Chevrolet, 130.300 mph.
- (17) Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Ford, 130.123 mph.
- (15) Clint Bowyer, Toyota, 130.053 mph.
- (48) Jimmie Johnson, Chevrolet, 129.947 mph.
- (41) Kurt Busch, Chevrolet, 129.447 mph.
- (42) Kyle Larson, Chevrolet, 128.848 mph.
- (20) Matt Kenseth, Toyota, 129.675 mph.
- (51) Justin Allgaier, Chevrolet, 129.351 mph.
- (21) Ryan Blaney(i), Ford, 129.212 mph.
- (3) Austin Dillon, Chevrolet, 129.151 mph.
- (16) Greg Biffle, Ford, 128.822 mph.
- (31) Ryan Newman, Chevrolet, 128.701 mph.
- (5) Kasey Kahne, Chevrolet, 128.606 mph.
- (88) Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chevrolet, 128.537 mph.
- (1) Jamie McMurray, Chevrolet, 128.262 mph.
- (6) Trevor Bayne, Ford, 128.193 mph.
- (78) Martin Truex Jr, Chevrolet, 128.159 mph.
- (24) Jeff Gordon, Chevrolet, 127.988 mph.
- (47) AJ Allmendinger, Chevrolet, 128.563 mph.
- (9) Sam Hornish Jr., Ford, 128.253 mph.
- (34) Brett Moffitt #, Ford, 128.176 mph.
- (13) Casey Mears, Chevrolet, 127.920 mph.
- (27) Paul Menard, Chevrolet, 127.801 mph.
- (95) Michael McDowell, Ford, 127.605 mph.
- (43) Aric Almirola, Ford, 127.563 mph.
- (10) Danica Patrick, Chevrolet, 127.537 mph.
- (35) Cole Whitt, Ford, 127.461 mph.
- (32) Josh Wise, Ford, 127.368 mph.
- (46) Michael Annett, Chevrolet, 127.241 mph.
- (7) Alex Bowman, Chevrolet, 127.208 mph.
- (38) David Gilliland, Ford, Owner Points
- (23) JJ Yeley(i), Toyota, Owner Points
- (40) Landon Cassill(i), Chevrolet, Owner Points
- (14) Tony Stewart, Chevrolet, Owner Points
- (98) Timmy Hill(i), Ford, Owner Points
- (83) Matt DiBenedetto #, Toyota, Owner Points
- (33) Mike Bliss(i), Chevrolet, Owner Points
3 drivers failed to qualify.
- (30) Travis Kvapil(i), Chevrolet, 126.545 mph.
- (26) Jeb Burton #, Toyota, 125.906 mph.
- (62) Reed Sorenson, Chevrolet, 125.150 mph.
EMAIL KELLY AT firstname.lastname@example.org
FOLLOW ON TWITTER: @KellyCrandall