Throughout the season, POPULAR SPEED will rank the top-10 drivers in Formula 1 following each event. Feel free to comment on the story at the POPULAR SPEED Facebook page.
2017 Constructor’s Championship After Italy
- Mercedes (NC)
- Ferrari (NC)
- Red Bull (NC)
- Force India (NC)
- Williams (NC)
- Toro Rosso (NC)
- Haas (NC)
- Renault (NC)
- McLaren (NC)
- Sauber (NC)
The Rankings reflect no movement in following the last race at Spa.
Driver Rankings After Italy
- Lewis Hamilton takes the number one spot in the Driver’s Championship for the first time in 2017 thanks to his sixth win of the season at Monza.
- Sebastian Vettel appears in second place for the first time this year, but he’s only three points out to Hamilton, for now.
- Valtteri Bottas remains third, looking less like a title contender and more like Best Supporting Driver. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
- Daniel Ricciardo still fourth but is only six points over fifth–place Kimi Raikkonen.
- Kimi Raikkonen stays in fifth–place, again.
- Max Verstappen – very popular for a sixth-place driver with the fewest laps run.
- Sergio Perez leads his teammate Ocon by only three points.
- Esteban Ocon looks poised to step up to seventh. Woo hoo!
- Carlos Sainz, still ninth, but may be tenth if Hulkenberg keeps finishing so well.
- Nico Hulkenberg holds onto tenth only two points from Sainz.
Our rankings resume in two weeks, after Singapore.
The thoughts and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of PopularSpeed.com, its owners, management, or other contributors. Any links contained in this article should not be considered an endorsement.