Throughout the season, POPULAR SPEED will rank the top-10 drivers in Formula 1 following each event. Feel free to comment on the story at the POPULAR SPEED Facebook page.
2017 Constructor’s Championship After Azerbaijan
- Mercedes (NC)
- Ferrari (NC)
- Red Bull (NC)
- Force India (NC)
- Williams (+1)
- Toro Rosso (-1)
- Haas (+1)
- Renault (-1)
- Sauber (NC)
- McLaren (NC)
The Rankings reflect no movement in the top four. Lance Stoll’s first podium moves Williams up one spot to number five, while Daniil Kvyat’s failure to score points leaves Toro Rosso one space down in sixth. Haas’ Kevin Magnussen had a spectacular drive earning seventh, so his team is now also in seventh. Renault lost seventh place due to Nico Hulkenberg’s unexpected DNF.
Driver Rankings After Azerbaijan
- Sebastian Vettel continues to occupy the first spot, and his lead over Lewis Hamilton has increased by two points.
- Lewis Hamilton is still in second and remains behind Vettel as he’s been all season.
- Valtteri Bottas remains third.
- Daniel Ricciardo’s win in Baku pushes him up one position to fourth in the championship.
- Kimi Raikkonen’s DNF drops him one place to fifth.
- Max Verstappen remains sixth.
- Sergio Perez is still seventh.
- Esteban Ocon remains in the number eight position.
- Carlos Sainz no movement this race, still ninth.
- Felipe Massa cannot buy a break so stays tenth.
Our rankings resume in two weeks, after the Austrian Grand Prix.
The thoughts and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of PopularSpeed.com, its owners, management or other contributors. Any links contained in this article should not be considered an endorsement.