For the first time in many years, NASCAR will visit short tracks in back-to-back weeks with a trip to Richmond International Raceway. The Toyota Owners 400 marks the ninth race of the 2015 season while providing the field with a chance to learn for the fall race that will determine the Chase field.
What you need to know:
Start Time: The green flag is approximately 1:16 p.m. ET
Race Distance: 400 laps, 300 miles around the 0.75 D-shaped oval
National Anthem: Ft. Lee 392nd Army Band
Grand Marshal: Eric Wynkoop “Loyal Toyota Owner & VIP Customer of Mechanicsville Toyota”
Honorary Starter: Armistead Carter “Loyal Toyota Owner & VIP Customer of McGeorge Toyota”
TV / Radio Broadcast: FOX will carry race coverage on Sunday afternoon … the Motor Racing Network (MRN) and SiriusXM Channel 90 will carry the radio broadcast
Broadcast Booth: Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds
Pit Reporters: Chris Neville, Jamie Little, Matt Yocum
Competition Caution: Lap 50
To The Rear: Jeb Burton (now driving the No. 23)
One Year Ago: Joey Logano emerged from a furious four-car duel over the final 10 laps for his second win of the 2014 season and first at Richmond. After the checkered flag, emotions ran high when Brad Keselowski brake checked Matt Kenseth on the backstretch, which also caught a few other drivers off guard. The 400-lap race saw nine cautions for 66 laps and 20 lead changes.
Misc.: Denny Hamlin returns to the seat of his No. 11 after pulling himself out after 22 laps at Bristol because of a neck spasm … Chase Elliott will make his second career start in the No. 25 for Hendrick Motorsports … Joe Gibbs Racing looks for their third win in three short track races to start the season
- (22) Joey Logano, Ford, 127.071 mph.
- (11) Denny Hamlin, Toyota, 126.796 mph.
- (41) Kurt Busch, Chevrolet, 126.606 mph.
- (47) AJ Allmendinger, Chevrolet, 126.570 mph.
- (4) Kevin Harvick, Chevrolet, 126.428 mph.
- (78) Martin Truex Jr., Chevrolet, 126.115 mph.
- (2) Brad Keselowski, Ford, 126.027 mph.
- (20) Matt Kenseth, Toyota, 125.821 mph.
- (1) Jamie McMurray, Chevrolet, 125.587 mph.
- (18) David Ragan, Toyota, 125.471 mph.
- (24) Jeff Gordon, Chevrolet, 125.348 mph.
- (42) Kyle Larson, Chevrolet, 124.977 mph.
- (14) Tony Stewart, Chevrolet, 126.416 mph.
- (55) Brett Moffitt #, Toyota, 126.410 mph.
- (27) Paul Menard, Chevrolet, 126.357 mph.
- (25) Chase Elliott(i), Chevrolet, 126.328 mph.
- (15) Clint Bowyer, Toyota, 126.310 mph.
- (19) Carl Edwards, Toyota, 126.227 mph.
- (40) Landon Cassill(i), Chevrolet, 126.180 mph.
- (3) Austin Dillon, Chevrolet, 126.168 mph.
- (10) Danica Patrick, Chevrolet, 125.757 mph.
- (51) Justin Allgaier, Chevrolet, 125.657 mph.
- (31) Ryan Newman, Chevrolet, 125.511 mph.
- (17) Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Ford, 124.960 mph.
- (13) Casey Mears, Chevrolet, 127.310 mph.
- (88) Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chevrolet, 127.262 mph.
- (43) Aric Almirola, Ford, 127.071 mph.
- (98) Josh Wise, Ford, 127.053 mph.
- (9) Sam Hornish Jr., Ford, 126.892 mph.
- (38) David Gilliland, Ford, 126.826 mph.
- (35) Cole Whitt, Ford, 126.802 mph.
- (16) Greg Biffle, Ford, 126.695 mph.
- (30) Jeff Green(i), Chevrolet, 126.654 mph.
- (6) Trevor Bayne, Ford, 126.559 mph.
- (32) Joey Gase(i), Ford, 126.541 mph.
- (48) Jimmie Johnson, Chevrolet, 126.517 mph.
- (83) Matt DiBenedetto, Toyota, Owner Points
- (46) Michael Annett, Chevrolet, Owner Points
- (23) JJ Yeley(i), Toyota, Owner Points
- (5) Kasey Kahne, Chevrolet, Owner Points
- (7) Alex Bowman, Chevrolet, Owner Points
- (33) Alex Kennedy #, Chevrolet, Owner Points
- (34) Reed Sorenson, Ford, Owner Points
2 drivers failed to qualify.
- (26) Jeb Burton #, Toyota, 125.517 mph.
- (62) Brendan Gaughan(i), Chevrolet, 124.746 mph.