Going into the 2017 season, it looks as though everything will be new at A.J. Foyt Racing. In addition to their pair of new drivers behind the wheel, the Texas-based organization announced on Tuesday that they will switch from Honda to Chevrolet for the 2017 season.
“I am looking forward to what will be a new chapter for us that involves returning to an old friend in Chevrolet,” said Team President Larry Foyt. “There are a lot of changes happening within our team this off season and I won’t minimize the challenges, but I see a lot of potential with our plan.”
Chevrolet isn’t new to A.J. Foyt Racing, as A.J. Foyt IV drove a Chevrolet powered entry in 2005. A.J. Foyt also spent drove a Chevrolet powered entry during his career, including his final IndyCar race as a driver, the 1992 Indianapolis 500.
“We are pleased to welcome AJ Foyt Racing to the Chevrolet IndyCar program,” stated Mark Kent, Director Chevrolet Motorsports Competition. “Chevrolet and Foyt both have long histories in IndyCar racing, including prior opportunities to work together. We look forward to renewing the partnership and a strong start to the 2017 season.”
As previously announced, Carlos Munoz makes the move from Andretti Autosport to drive the No. 14 ABC Supply Chevrolet, while Conor Daly makes the move from Dale Coyne Racing to drive the No. 4 ABC Supply Chevrolet.
“I’m glad to be back with Chevy,” said A.J. Foyt, team owner and first four-time winner of the Indy 500. “I’ve had a lot of success with them in the past and I’m looking forward to more success in the future.”
The team expects to conduct its first test in the ABC Supply Chevrolets at Sebring International Raceway later this month.
EMAIL ASHLEY AT firstname.lastname@example.org
FOLLOW ON TWITTER:@ladybug388
The thoughts and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of PopularSpeed.com, its owners, management or other contributors. Any links contained in this article should not be considered an endorsement.